PECAN PIE


I've made a lot of pecan pies, and this recipe is just a little bit different, but for some reason really was better than the rest! So today when I wanted to make a Pecan Pie for grandpa's birthday, and I couldn't find this new recipe, I was bummed...but then I found it! So now it's on the website so I won't lose it again!

4 eggs
1 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups chopped pecan
9 inch unbaked pie shell
about 25 nice pecan halves

*Preheat oven to 400. Beat eggs well in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, melted butter, and vanilla to eggs, mix thoroughly.
*Sprinkle chopped pecans in pie shell. Pour egg mixture over pecans. Arrange pecan halves around edge of filling next to crust for decoration.
*BAKE on middle rack of oven for 10 minutes
*Reduce heat to 325 and continue baking for 25-30 minutes until set.

Comments