Hard Boiled Eggs


HAH, you say . . . why are you posting something so mundane? Because . . . for 56 years (or at least since I started cooking hard boiled eggs) . . . my luck at getting them to peel has been very erratic. So, when I came across this recipe, I tried it and . . . whola! They peel right every time!

In a large pot bring to a boil about 6 cups water, 1 TBL salt and 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar. Add eggs one at a time (about 8), being careful not to crack them. Reduce the heat to a gentle boil, and cook for 14 minutes.

Once they've cooked, remove from the hot water and place into a container of ice water or cold, running water. Cool completely, about 15 minutes and then refrigerate.

The difference must be the amount of vinegar and salt . . . the rest is basically the same as I always did.

Comments